RM Propulsion B.V. is specialized in the field of propeller shaft seals of seagoing vessels. We carry out maintenance and repair work worldwide and also supply the corresponding parts.
To reinforce our team, we are looking for a new colleague. (Hoorn NH)
Service Superintendent Propulsion
What do we offer:
- Apart from a good salary;
- Traveling worldwide;
- A full-time job in an informal setting within a small and driven team;
- A varied function in which no day is the same;
- Initially a temporary contract for 1 year with the possibility of renewal / permanent contract;
- Employment conditions according to CAO metalworking company;
- Space to develop yourself and improve the company with your ideas.
- Supervises (less experienced) mechanics, assistant mechanics, subcontractors, and temporary staff;
- You also work hands-on and are responsible for carrying out inspections, maintenance work, and repairs on all types of ship propulsion systems. Propellers, CPP, FPP, OD Box, Steering gear, Blade & Propeller repair;
- You can maintain all common brands and types of propulsion systems independently;
- Overhauls and repairs on assemblies at the shipyard and/or in workshops;
- Track and report on the status of work orders to customers and/or internal stakeholders.
- Drafting the Service Work Reports;
- At the shipyard you are the face of RM Propulsion so you are responsible for the excellent service RM Propulsions strives for;
- As a service superintendent propulsion you will fly all over the world;
- A service assignment varies from a few days to a few weeks;
- You will work partly in the office (Hoorn NH) to help the customer with technical advice and to purchase the correct spare parts.
Your Profile and must-haves:
- Years of proven experience as a supervisor, in ship propulsion maintenance & repair;
- You can maintain all common brands Rolls-Royce®, Wärtsilä/Lips®, Nakashima®, Schottel®, Kawasaki® Jastram®, Brunvoll®, etc…
- You are responsible for regular overhaul and repairs on (bow-) thrusters controllable pitch propellers systems (OD Box, CPP hub, blade foot seals, etc), and possibly also steering gear systems;
- Experience in stern tube seal bonding is a plus.
- You must have a technical education at MBO-/HBO level (mechanical engineer or marine engineer);
- You have practical problem-solving skills;
- You will be recognized as a leader with the ability to build high-quality teams (team player) based on trust;
- You can work independently, are flexible, and like to travel. Away from home is no problem for you;
- You are willing to follow training (periodically), and expand your knowledge and skills.
- You have high integrity, listen with good intentions, value feedback, and support people to grow.
- Dealing professionally with customers during the execution of the work;
- Your English is fluent written and spoken. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
Interested and Applying for this job? Please send your CV and application letter to Marianne Mulders- Visser, email: HR@rmpropulsion.com
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.